viernes, septiembre 21, 2007

Wherever I hang...

Este poema de Grace Nichols me gusta mucho... está muy padre... y no sé, siento que en cualquier momento terminaré diciendo algo así, viviéndolo...

I leave me people, me land, me home
For reasons, I not too sure
I forsake de sun
And de humming-bird splendour
Had big rats in de floorboard
So I pick up me new-world-self
And come, to this place call England
At first I feeling like I in dream-
De misty greyness
I touching de walls to see if they real
They solid to de seam
And de people pouring from de underground system
Like beans
And when I look up to de sky
I see Lord Nelson high- too high to lie

And is so I sending home photos of myself
Among de pigeons and de snow
And is so I warding off de cold
And is so, little by little
I begin to change my calypso ways
Never visiting nobody
Before giving them clear warning
And wainting me turn in queue
Now, after all this time
I get acostum to de English life
But I still miss back-home side
To tell you the truth
I don´t know really where I belaang

Yes, divided to de ocean
Divided to de bone


Wherever I hang me knickers-that´s my home.

1 comentario:

Lady Vendetta dijo...

eso vamos a decir el próximo año q nos vayamos de mochileras con Dianation a Francia a q Yves nos de asilo pa no tener q quedarnos en el hostal cucarachoso y ratoso q se inunda jajaja

bookends, or so.

Ayer salí con mi ex. Otra vez. Como suelo hacer desde hace meses después de que me mandó al carajo en un cuarto de hotel. Pero algo cambi...